A letter to all the international students
at Guilin University of Technology
Dear International students,
Dear 2020 Spring Semester International students,
I hope this letter finds you well. Currently, everyone is concerned with the outbreak of the pneumonia caused by a new strain of coronavirus (2019-nCoV) in China. Meanwhile, lots of control and prevention measures have been taken in China. First-level public health emergency response has been activated in Guangxi. Guilin University of Technology has attached great importance to the safety and health of all international students. In order to effectively fight against coronavirus jointly, we would like to offer the following suggestions:
1.Please be alert to latest notices, information and regulations issued by Guilin University of Technology. Pay close attention to the news on control and prevention of new pneumonia on official media like China Daily (http://www.chinadaily.com.cn) and the instructions on National Health Commission (http://en.nhc.gov.cn) to learn the knowledge of disease prevention and self-protection. Please have objective understanding of the coronavirus. Do not believe in or transfer unconfirmed information or rumors.
2.The university has decided to postpone registration time for 2020 Spring Semester, the starting date of the semester will be announced later. All students (including new students who will start from 2020 Spring Semester) are not allowed to come to the university before the semester officially starts. Those who fail to follow it will be faced with severe punishment according to the regulations of the university.
3. Students who are traveling or visiting relatives or friends in other cities in China, please stay in place. If you arrive in Guilin from other places, please go to Guilin Center for Disease Control and Prevention or other public hospitals to do medical examination and provide your itinerary information to the office (including the places where you’ve been to, means of transportation, etc.). Although there are no suspicious symptoms coming up after medical examination, please stay in dormitory for a 2-week observation, and sign the Commitment Letter of Self-Quarantine.
4. Students living on campus during the winter vacation shall obey the university’s rules and regulations. Except urgent matters, you are not advised to leave campus. Students who intend to leave China should apply to the College of International Education in advance. With permission from the College, students could return to home country. Due to possible flights changes, please check the flight status carefully to avoid being stranded at the airport. Students living on campus are strongly advised to stay in dormitory instead of travelling to other places. Minimize outdoor activities, and do not organize party within dormitory. Visitors are not allowed to enter the dormitory building. Avoid crowded places and places with poor ventilation. If you have urgent things to deal with, remember to wear a mask and a pair of gloves. Please pay high attention to the personal hygiene and living habits. Wash hands and open windows regularly to maintain good ventilation. No spitting. Be sure to have adequate sleep, live regularly and wrap up warm. It is important to exercise more to strengthen immunity.
5. Please go to the hospital nearby in case that the suspicious symptoms, such as fever, cough and cold occur, and notify the teacher in charge of the class as well as teachers of the Office of International Student Affairs. If students around you have above-mentioned symptoms, please report to the office and take observation methods.
6. Masks for urgent needs and thermometer services are available at the International Apartment Administrative and Service Center. Epidemic prevention and control work has been carried out every day. Staffs from the Administrative and Service Center and International Students disinfect public areas in the dormitory buildings, including laundry and elevators, isolate suspicious personnel and other work related to the prevention and control of virus transmission. Canteen is in use, solving problems of dining, and university will ensure students’ basic needs for water and electricity.
7. In order to contact you with emergency affairs or inform you of important messages, please keep your mobile phone on. If you encounter any problems or have any questions, please contact the teacher in charge of the class as well as teachers of the Office of International Student Affairs.
Dear all international students, it is everyone’s duty and responsibility to work together to fight against coronavirus as it concerns all our health and safety. Please believe that Guilin University of Technology always cares about the safety and wellbeing of all international students, and please believe that with our joint efforts, we will win the battle against the virus soon!
紧急情况联系 Emergency Contact
孟老师/ Mr. Meng (学生事务)：15878396944
胡老师/ Ms. Hu (学生事务): 18877331031
樊老师/ Mr. Fan (学生事务)：13307731568
杜老师/ Mr. Du (签证事务)：13907736622
莫老师/ Mr. Mo (招生事务)：18778830672
College of International Education
5th February, 2020