“The journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.” – Confucius.
Your Chinese adventure can begin at Guilin University of Technology (GUT) to teach our bright and eager university students. Qualified teachers in the fields of arts, sciences and engineering are actively sought.
Our semesters run from September to January and from February to July.
GUT is a state-run university and only the most capable of Chinese students are able to attend a public university. They have worked extremely hard to get where they are, and they cherish the opportunity to have foreign teachers.
At GUT you can step into a rewarding and stimulating teaching and cultural experience. The teaching schedule allows enough free time for you to study Chinese, develop a hobby or go sight-seeing. The university is located in the historic city of Guilin on the banks of the Li Jiang River and in the midst of the world famous mountains. It is one hour by bus from here to Yangshuo, the quaint and laid-back tourist destination. For picture of Guilin and Yangshuo you may Google.
Teaching hours: No more than 16 hours per week
Teaching language: English.
Salary: 7000 RMB/month or above (depends on professional qualifications and experiences).
Travel Allowance: 1,100 RMB per semester.
Air Ticket fare: 7000 RMB/academic year
Accommodation: Fully furnished apartment, with air-conditioner, TV, and free internet access.
We invite your inquires about teaching positions at Guilin University of Technology.
Please contact Mr. Luo Minghan or Ms.Cui Yaxing of the GUT International Office via email@example.com
Tel: +86-773-5896078 Fax:+86-773-5895613
The Documents needed for the application:
▪ Copy of the first page of your passport;
▪ Resume; (Please state your full name, country of residence, Email address, home address and phone number with a description of your academic history and teaching experience);
▪ The scanned Copy of your Diploma and the diploma needs to be authenticated in the Chinese embassy in the country where your university is as to the new policy;
▪ certificate letter of your eaching qualification from the former school you worked for with the referrers' hand-written signatures and his or her title/position, address and contact number;
▪ Health Record (within 6 months);
▪ A digital recent 2-inch standard Photo;
▪ No crimininal record committment or no crimminal record documents issued by the police station from the place where you live most of time and it needs to be authenticated in the Chinese embassy or consulate at local place as well.